A Japanese man lost his life tragically after he choked on the food he was shoving into his mouth during a contest to see who could eat the most food in the shortest possible time.
The man, who has still not been identified, lost consciousness during an event which took place in Hikone, in Shiga, on 13 November while he was trying to eat three rice balls in three minutes.
The contest organizers said that the man died three days after the incident. He never regained consciousness.
These speed-eating contests are very popular in Japan.
However, experts have warned that these contests are not only dangerous because the participants can choke on the food they are eating, but they are also risky because they can cause damage to the stomach.