Current Affairs
14 new cases of COVID-19 in Malta

Health authorities confirmed 14 new Covid-19 cases in Malta following 1,438 swab tests in the past 24 hours. Active cases of coronavirus in Malta have gone up to 199.

The Health Ministry said that the majority of the new cases identified between today and yesterday concern persons who had symptoms of the virus and did not report for work. Five of the cases announced today, it added, are linked with a group of cases in Paceville, three others are members of a family with past cases and the rest are sporadic.

Since the pandemic emerged five months ago, 131,603 swab tests were carried out, from which 874 positive cases emerged and 666 of patients recovered.

An Interior Ministry spokesperson confirmed that the group of 78 immigrants who disembarked in Malta last night were swab tested and are being held in isolation. The total number of active cases in Malta includes 88 immigrants who resulted positive to the virus after they disembarked in Malta last week.

Meanwhile, a public call issued by the Maltese Government to lease a vessel to accommodate immigrants in quarantine has closed on Monday afternoon.

Other News

The Health Ministry has confirmed that a woman, aged 91, has died who had tested positive for Covid-19. The elderly woman was confirmed positive on 26 August and was admitted…

A study issued by various Maltese health experts, including Prof Charmaine Gauci, says that Malta is experiencing the second wave of Covid-19 due to two mass events which took place…

The World Health Organisation has stated that it is seriously concerned about how the COVID-19 situation is developing in Europe as the active cases on the continent have now exceeded…

View More