Australian authorities issue warning after sewing needles found in strawberries
Australian authorities have issued a warning for strawberries bought earlier this week not to be consumed after a man ended up in hospital after swallowing a sewing needle.
The needle had been inserted in the strawberries bought from the supermarket chain Woolworths, and various consignments of strawberries which were checked were found to have these needles inserted in them as well.
The strawberries which are affected are believed to have come from a farm in Queensland. Although only two brands of strawberries have been found with needles inserted inside them, the authorities are warning consumers in Queensland, Victoria and New Sout Wales to throw away any strawberries as a precaution.