Foreign Affairs
Australian authorities issue warning after sewing needles found in strawberries

Australian authorities have issued a warning for strawberries bought earlier this week not to be consumed after a man ended up in hospital after swallowing a sewing needle.

The needle had been inserted in the strawberries bought from the supermarket chain Woolworths, and various consignments of strawberries which were checked were found to have these needles inserted in them as well.

The strawberries which are affected are believed to have come from a farm in Queensland. Although only two brands of strawberries have been found with needles inserted inside them, the authorities are warning consumers in  Queensland, Victoria and New Sout Wales to throw away any strawberries as a precaution.

Other News
Foreign Affairs

The residents in a street in Newton Aycliffe launched street celebrations when Stephen Lawson, one of the street residents, was jailed after being found guilty of causing wholesale harassment to…

Foreign Affairs

In France, a mother who hid her baby for two years in a car boot filled with worms was sentenced to five years in prison, three of them as suspended…

Foreign Affairs

U.S. President Donald Trump arrived in California to visit the localities affected by the worst fires in the state’s history. Trump described the places he visited so far as a…

Current Affairs

  The proposals put forward by MEPMiriam Dalli that places like Malta be provided with funds to ease pressures because of immigration have been approved. In a statement issued by…

View More