A big fire which engulfed dried grass in some Marsalforn fields in Gozo, quickly spread towards a room in one of the fields, in which some gas cylinders were stored. The resultant heat caused an explosion.
TVM is informed that as a result of the fire, smoke entered some nearby apartments and a girl who swallowed some of the smoke was treated at the Central Hospital in Gozo.
The explosion was heard in several localities around Gozo. Civil Protection members extinguished the fire and Police investigated the incident.