UPDATED: Fire which broke out in building next to Parliament was quickly controlled
A fire which broke out last night in the UPS batteries which supply the emergency electricity supply to the parliamentary building was brought quickly under control.
The electronic system in the building immediately notified the Police who were on guard duty at night and they in turn contacted the department of Civil Protection which was on the scene shortly afterwards.
The fire was soon brought under control and was contained in the room where the batteries are located. A Magisterial inquiry has been opened by Magistrate Rachel Montebello.