Foreign Affairs
In Lecce: Man in critical condition after being served detergent instead of water

In Lecce, a 28-year old man ended up fighting for his life after he, accidentally, drank a washing detergent liquid.

The man had entered a cafeteria and together with coffee, he ordered a glass of water to swallow some pills.

Unfortunately, the shop’s employee accidentally served him strong detergent liquid which is mostly used to bring out the shine in glasses and plates.

Shortly afterwards, the man felt unwell and lost consciousness. He was urgently admitted in hospital where doctors carried out a delicate intervention to remove his stomach which was badly affected by the detergent.

Police investigations showed that the cafeteria had kept the detergent liquid inside a plastic bottle and, accidentally, the employee served the detergent instead of water.

The man is still in critical condition.

Other News
Foreign Affairs

A waiter was killed near Paris after being shot by a client who allegedly got angry because the sandwich he ordered was not delivered quickly. French police said an investigation…

Foreign Affairs

The Muhammad brothers went for a swim at the Iseo river in Bergamo when suddenly two of them disappeared underwater. Hassan and Waqas Muhammad died after they drowned in the…

Foreign Affairs

Jean-Claude Juncker has abruptly ended a holiday in Austria and was urgently admitted in a hospital. The European Commission’s President, aged 64, returned to Luxembourg for an urgent surgery in…

Foreign Affairs

In Afghanistan, 63 persons were killed and over 180 others injured when a bomb exploded at a wedding ceremony in Kabul. Witnesses said that a suicide attacker exploded himself during…

View More