Current Affairs
Joe and Carmen have nothing left after their house destroyed by fire – relatives

The two elderly people who were injured by the fire which enveloped their home in Luqa on Saturday were released from Mater Dei yesterday.

Joe and Carmen Theuma, both 71, sustained burns, with the man still undergoing treatment because of facial burns.

Apart from the trauma they experienced after the fire enveloped their home three days ago, TVM is informed that the couple has ended up with nothing left. Everything they owned was in their matrimonial home and they have nothing to live on.

TVM is informed that the house has been condemned, because of the fire, and in fact they are now convalescing at the home of their relatives.

The couple’s niece, Melanie Penza told TVM that the couple do not have anything left and they are having to resort to the public’s generosity.

They have now opened an account with Bank of Valletta (MT 45 VALL 2201 3000 0000 4002 3123 225) so that whoever wishes to help the couple, can give a donation. The relatives have appealed for people to spread the word so that Joe and Carmen can try and get back to their normal life.

The fire at their home took 18 hours to be controlled by firefighters from the Civil Protection Department.

See also:

WATCH: Man grievously injured in Luqa building fire

Luqa fire started from nativity crib which was being built

Other News
Current Affairs

The Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said it that it was ironic that Dr Simon Busuttil and Dr Jason Azzopardi had filed applications for the court to stop the appointment of…

Current Affairs

Three new judges and magistrates were sworn in today at the Presidential Palace. The oaths of office were administered by President George Vella who urged the Government to create and…

Current Affairs

The Housing Authority said it will be offering the necessary assistance to families affected by the demolition of part of a block of apartments in Guardamangia. In a statement the…

Current Affairs

The Environmental Health Directorate within the Superintendence of Public Health wishes to inform the public that Palm Oil (Zomi oil) should not be ingested since it was found to contain…

View More