A person was taken to hospital for treatment after a Lambretta scooter shop in Pieta’ caught fire.
Members from the Civil Protection Department went on site immediately to control the fire.
It appears that some tyres had been set alight in front of the shop and as a result, a person who lives in the apartment on top of the shop was trapped inside.
The person was taken to hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
Three fire engines, 8 firemen and two police officers arrived on the site. The incident took place shortly before 11am.