Current Affairs
Natalie Williams changes her account of events – says she was afraid

Lawyer Richard Sladden, who was appointed by the Court to take an account of events of Natalie Williams after she was found abandoned and unconscious in Fort Ricasoli, testified that on Tuesday, 31st October, he was given a sworn declaration of Williams in which she told him that she was abducted by her husband Roddy Williams who abandoned her in an inaccessible part of the fort.

Dr Sladden said that the day after, Natalie Williams requested to clarify some details, including that it was she who contacted her husband to meet near the Fort and that she voluntarily went to meet him because she was afraid of him and did not want any problems with the law.

During the compilation of evidence before Magistrate Claire Stafrace Zammit, Dr Franco Debono, counsel to Roddy Williams, requested the court to have a more detailed site plan of the place were Natalie Williams was found, arguing that the plan presented in court by Architect Mario Cassar was not altogether truthful and that the amount of light which enters the structure through a small window was not included in the site plan.

The Court upheld the defence request to appoint fortifications expert, Dr Stephen Spiteri, to present a detailed plan of all the structure where Williams was found and gives details of who is responsible for the building and the history of the place.

Archbitect Mario Cassar, said that it may be dangerous for a person to enter the site.

Roddy Williams, who on two occasions was requested to remain silent in Court, is still under custody.

See also:

Il-ħtif ta’ Natalie Williams kien ippjanat ġimgħa qabel tant li talbet lil missierha jipproteġiha

Roddy Williams akkużat bl-attentat ta’ qtil ta’ martu – se jibqa’ jinżamm arrestat il-ħabs

Other News
Current Affairs

Investment in Gozo’s tourist product is to continue with a new scheme that had been announced in this year’s Budget. The scheme aims to enable greater accessibility in places of…

Current Affairs

Charlot Gauci is being detained under arrest following a Court order. On 4 October the Police had requested the public’s assistance to trace Gauci after the Court had ordered his…

Current Affairs

A 35-year-old man has been hospitalised for treatment following an accident in Tal-Balal Road, San Gwann at about 1.15 p.m., when the man lost control of his vehicle and crashed…

View More