One new Coronavirus case in Malta; 9 more people recover

Another person has tested positive for Coronavirus in Malta while another 9 have been added to the list of recovered patients.

This was confirmed by the Superintendent of Health, Professor Charmaine Gauci during today’s press briefing when she confirmed that so far there were 120 active cases of the virus in Malta.

In this week’s first medical bulletin, Prof Gauci gave an account of the situation over the last three days, where a total of 11 new cases were confirmed and 16 people were cured, with their ages varying between one and eighty-nine. She explained that on Friday there were 9 new cases and in the last two days there was one case a day.

In her account of the new cases, Prof Gauci said that four of the patients were asymptomatic: a 29-year-old woman, a 24-year-old female health worker, another 23 year old health worker who worked in a testing hub and a 34-year-old Algerian. The Algerian took the test before applying for the job and tested positive. He is being held at Boffa Hospital as he lives with some other people.

As far as the other cases, Prof Gauci explained that some of them were associated with other cases. Among these are 2 women from Karen Grech Hospital who were tested after other cases came to light. One case refers to a 34-year-old hospital worker and another refers to 63-year-old resident.

Other cases: a 19-year-old girl who works in a pharmacy and presented with symptoms of headache and sore throas; a 38-year-old man who presented with muscle pain and coughing and a 64-year-old Maltese who had shortness of breath. His wife had some symptoms but tested negative.

The last two cases involve a cluster who had contact with another person who had the virus. Since they work in the same place they were identified by swab tests that were conducted when the first case emerged.

 

Aġġornament mid-Direttorat għas-Saħħa Pubblika għal-25 ta' Mejju 2020

Aġġornament mid-Direttorat għas-Saħħa Pubblika għal-25 ta' Mejju 2020

Gepostet von Television Malta am Montag, 25. Mai 2020

Other News

After the University of Malta listened to the complaints of students and their relatives following the news that graduation ceremonies would be postponed, it said that it would try to…

A group of around 50 immigrants disembarked last night in Malta after they had been on board the ship MV Talia for several days. On Twitter, the group Alarm Phone…

The Leader of the Nationalist Party has lost the voice of confidence taken by the Parliamentary Group following a meeting which lasted five hours.  However, in a press conference immediately…

The Attorney General has referred to advice he gave to the Police on 16th May, 2016, and maintained that in no manner did he make recommendations that a stop should…

View More