With the hot weather starting, the complaints about the heat have started as well, as some are already finding it difficult to get a good night’s sleep.
According to research, to sleep well, the temperature in the bedroom should be between 16°C and 21°C.
Here are some suggestions on what to do to sleep better:
- Cool down your sheets
- Fill a hot water bottle with cold water and place it between your knees and under your arms
- Wet your face, the back of your neck and your knees
- Wear a thin pajama
- Do not eat a lot of protein because this makes you feel hotter
- Do your exercise in the morning, not at night
- Take a bath before you go to sleep
- Turn off the equipment and sockets in your bedroom because these contribute to the heat
- Drink water frequently during the day but not at night
- Sleep in a downstairs room rather than one just underneath the roof