Decorations which were used in the external feast of St Dominic, over a 100 years ago, are being exhibited at the Dominican convent in Vittoriosa. Just days away from another edition of the Birgu by Candle Light, the Dominican convent is opening its doors for an exhibition displaying the decorative material used in the St Dominic feast.
The External Feast Committee of St Dominic in Vittoriosa felt that the old decorations used over a 100 years ago should be enjoyed by the public during the exhibition which will relate the history of feast decorations at the locality.
Apart from old photographs of the decorations and St Dominic statues, the exhibition will also display and old feast programme of 1921.
During the years, the Vittoriosa locality became renowned for its decorations of the external feast as it commissions new statues and pavilions from time to time. The exhibition at the Dominicans convent remains open till Saturday on the occasion of the Birgy by Candle Light.