10 countries from the 17 which took part in the first Eurovision Song Contest semi-final last night have gone through to the finals which will be held this Saturday. The countries which qualified for the finals are:
- Greece – Katerine Duska with Better Love
- Belarus – ZENA with Like It
- Serbia – Nevene Božović with Kruna
- Cyprus – Tamta with Replay
- Estonia – Victor Crone with Storm
- Czech Republic – Lake Malawi with Friend Of A Friend
- Australia – Kate Miller-Heidke with Zero Gravity
- Iceland – Hatari with Hatrið mun sigra
- San Marino – Serhat with Say Na Na Na
- Slovenia – Zala Kralj & Gašper Šantl with Sebi
The countries which did not qualify are Montenegro, Finland, Poland, Hungery, Belgium, Georgia and Portugal. The results were split 50:50 between a professional jury and televoting.
Michela will be very busy today and tonight she is expected to have her first official rehearsal during which she will be judged by an international jury, whose vote will then be added on to tomorrow’s result.
The Maltese singer will sing in 11th place and will sing her song Chameleon during Thursday’s semi-final. With her there will be Armenia, Ireland, Moldova, Switzerland, Latvia, Romania, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Croatia, Lithuania, Russia, Albania, Norway, Holland, Macedonia and Azerbaijan.
Tomorrow the transmission will start at 9pm and will be transmitted live on TVM and tvm.com.mt.